Dhokla Recipe – Gujarati Khaman Dhokla
Dhokla is a prevalent Gujarati nibble made customarily with Bengal gram lentil however now for comfort and the moment variant we utilize besan flour. The surface is so delicate and light and with no uncertainty looks extremely speaking to eat. I generally had a mind hindrance to attempt dhokla as my behind musings dependably had such a significant number of inquiries… .will it turn out great, will it tell the truth from the plate or will it be sticky and chaotic… … However PJ induced me to attempt it and I should state it told the truth out and consummate and that is the reason I needed to record it here.
Dhokla can be had for breakfast, as the primary course, as a side dish or even as a bite. It tastes extraordinary with green chutney… .I made this dhokla around 3-4 months before even before Diwali yet some way or another missed to post it… So with no further defer lets get on to figure out how to make dhokla.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Besan flour/Kadala mavu – 1 glass
Curd – 1/2 glass
Water – 1/2 glass
Green bean stew – 2
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Sugar – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Eno organic product salt – 1 and 1/2 tsp
Salt – As required
Turmeric powder(optional) – 1 little squeeze
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Coconut,grated – 3 tbsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard – 3/4 tsp
Asafoetida – 1/8 tsp
Pound green chilies and ginger together to a coarse glue. In a blending dish – take besan flour, rava, salt,ginger-green bean stew glue and curd blend well.
At that point add water to make it to pouring consistency. Ensure there are no irregularities framed. Include lemon juice. At last, include Eno natural product salt it will rise when is included. Blend well.
Grease the plate with little oil and pour the player to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness. In inactively steamer pour water at the base say 1-1.5 containers at that point put the plate on it. Steam it for 10-12 mins. Precisely open and check the doneness by embeddings the toothpick in the middle… In the event that it tells the truth then its done. In the event that its still sticky at that point steam for couple of more mins.
Chill off for 5mins, at that point gently rub the sides at that point upset it… it will tell the truth. At that point warm oil and temper the things recorded under ‘to temper’ and exchange the hardening to dhokla. At long last, embellish with ground coconut and coriander takes off. Cut into squares and serve.
Serve hot with green chutney as a break time nibble!
- Ensure you get just plain Eno organic product salt as there are numerous flavors accessible as well.
- After Eno natural product salt is included don’t rest the hitter for long… just 5-10 mins resting time is alright not more than that.
- Steam it just in the medium-low fire so it gets cooked inside moreover.
- You can include a little squeeze of turmeric powder for additional splendid yellow shading.
- While hardening doesn’t skip sesame seeds it gives a decent crunch while eating.
- You can even include 1/2 glass water with 1 tbsp sugar and convey it to bubble at that point sprinkle it over the dhoklas to make it damp at that point exchange the hardening.
- I didn’t have any thali plate of the required size so utilized my square heating plate to steam the dhokla.